What computer operating system do you use?

macOS I like it cause I'm comfortable on Macs, I've had one type of Mac laptop or another since 2006. I dislike how uncustomizable it became over the years. I loved using things like ThemePark and Geektool to make my desktop very personalized in terms of the user interface. I also miss the community of other people who were into customization, it was a nice one to be part of! People sharing tips, tricks, creativity, etc.

I am personally a windows guy. For servers i also use windows but im starting to learn linux. Hoping to get into it alot.

I am using Windows 10 currently. Although I don't plan on switching to another brand/company, I really wish I didn't have Windows 10 on this laptop since it fucks up so much with the updates. I personally would want to get Windows 7 or Windows 8 when I build my PC.

I have never owned a mac before so I'm definitely the Windows fan. I have been using computers ever since the Windows 95 was a thing, haha... so quite a long time now.

Both my desktop computer and my laptop have Windows 10 installed right now. I really loved using Windows XP and 7 but when they offered the free upgrade I took it. It's better to upgrade for free than to pay for it later on. I am pleasantly surprised by Windows 10. I know that some people dislike it but I am enjoying using it. It's very smooth, haven't had issues and I love the extra features.

We bought a laptop this year that was bundled with the OS which is Windows 10. But when the laptop arrived, it installed with Windows 7. The vendor is my friend so I tried to be patient in waiting for her explanation. She said that she downgraded the OS because there are issues with Windows 10. And since the laptop is running okay under Windows 7 so we just let it be.

(12-30-2017, 10:35 AM)Soup Wrote: I am using Windows 10 currently. Although I don't plan on switching to another brand/company, I really wish I didn't have Windows 10 on this laptop since it fucks up so much with the updates. I personally would want to get Windows 7 or Windows 8 when I build my PC.
Why would anyone pick windows 8? I'd go with 7.

I've used Windows computers all my life. I use Windows 10 on my personal computers and I am really happy with it and I really do look forward to future updates - especially the new UI changes that Microsoft has slowly started to introduce here and there already. I wouldn't even consider switching back to Windows 8 or Windows 7. Not a chance! My job still has Windows 7 on most of their computers and I hate it so much. So I really can't comprehend why people want to use Windows 7 or even Windows 8 - what's so wrong with Windows 10?!

Windows 10. Definitely my favourite.

I'm currently using Windows 10 (Professional) on my laptop, but I also have different Linux systems ready to boot as well such as Ubuntu (canonical) along with Ubuntu MATE and OpenSUSE.

Search Thread: