My phone just fell into a bucket of water

My night almost took a very wrong turn as my phone fell into a bucket of water I wanted to bath with. My heart jumped out of my chest cavity because of the scare of having to buy a new phone this moment because of the incident. But I would count my luck because the phone condom pack and the glass screen protector kept the water at bay from penetrating inside the phone. 

Only some droplets of water came out of the speaker and nothing more. I offed the phone and allow it cool off for some hours before powering it back on and it works just fine. From now henceforth, I shall always use condom phone packs and glass screen protector.

I dropped my phone in the pool and didnt notice for like 5 minutes last year.

Took it out and somehow it worked fine straight out of the water. But i still got rice and let it sit for 24 hrs. Still works like a charm :)

That's sounds pretty bad huh. :D I just experience dropping my cellphone but not in water just in the floor. But I don't think so if my will cellphone will drop in somethings because I pretty good in caring about things. So I'm protecting it carefully. :)

(01-16-2018, 03:59 AM)Groot Wrote: I dropped my phone in the pool and didnt notice for like 5 minutes last year.

Took it out and somehow it worked fine straight out of the water. But i still got rice and let it sit for 24 hrs. Still works like a charm :)

I have heard about the rice stuff, does it really work? I normally think it's just something made up just for saying sake but it's appearing that there is some kind of truth on it. Maybe I would try it out next time, although I'm not crazy enough to wish for another experience with my phone dropping into water next time be I believe I just got lucky this time around.

Cell phones these days are very fragile. I once had a Motorola Razor phone. I would drop it on hard surfaces several times a day. I had spilled on it. Long story short this phone had gone through everything and still worked perfectly fine, there may have been a few dents and scratches as well as a missing button, but it worked fine. Nowadays you have to invest in sturdy, heavy duty case and thick screen protector. We all fear having to face paying $700+ for a new, up-to-date phone or paying $100-$200 for a cheap, older phone, that most likely will be unable to house all of our much needed apps and other files. Phone companies have gotten smarter over the years, by racking up the prices of phones and lowering their durability. Such a shame for us consumers but a smart move for them.

(01-16-2018, 08:17 PM)tacia93 Wrote: Cell phones these days are very fragile. I once had a Motorola Razor phone. I would drop it on hard surfaces several times a day. I had spilled on it. Long story short this phone had gone through everything and still worked perfectly fine, there may have been a few dents and scratches as well as a missing button, but it worked fine. Nowadays you have to invest in sturdy, heavy duty case and thick screen protector. We all fear having to face paying $700+ for a new, up-to-date phone or paying $100-$200 for a cheap, older phone, that most likely will be unable to house all of our much needed apps and other files. Phone companies have gotten smarter over the years, by racking up the prices of phones and lowering their durability. Such a shame for us consumers but a smart move for them.

You are absolutely right, it's the price we pay for looking out for more portability and flashy products, as to be compared with what we had back in the days. I can't forget this particular phone Nokia 3310 so easily. This phone is by far the most durable phones I have ever seen to be produced. It can withstand just about anything as long as you can fix it up after any ordeal it passed through. From falling into to water, falling off 3 story building, falling into oil, falling countless times on hard surfaces, it would still work perfectly fine. But what we have now, with just one hard fall, it's touch pad would get affected.

This must have been a worry. For the new phone I'm looking at, it's going to be pretty costly... so I will be protecting it with my life XD.

(01-16-2018, 02:41 PM)Martinsx Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 03:59 AM)Groot Wrote: I dropped my phone in the pool and didnt notice for like 5 minutes last year.

I have heard about the rice stuff, does it really work? I normally think it's just something made up just for saying sake but it's appearing that there is some kind of truth on it. Maybe I would try it out next time, although I'm not crazy enough to wish for another experience with my phone dropping into water next time be I believe I just got lucky this time around.
From what i know yes. They absorb moisture so if you really try to get it in there it will absorb alot of water from it and most likely save your phone. Always done that whenever i get my phone soaked.

Regards
~Groot

I don't bring my phone around any water ever unless I'm at the beach. I don't take it with me to the pool nor into the bathroom when I'm showering or anything. Not sure why people do.

(01-17-2018, 10:29 PM)Groot Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 02:41 PM)Martinsx Wrote:

From what i know yes. They absorb moisture so if you really try to get it in there it will absorb alot of water from it and most likely save your phone. Always done that whenever i get my phone soaked.

Thanks so much @Groot for the tip. I will make sure to relay it to any of my friends who experience water accidents with their phones because I'm sure as hell not getting any of my phone devices near water ever again. Unless it's witchcraft that took the phones near water without my notice or awareness.

Search Thread: