My phone just fell into a bucket of water

(01-17-2018, 08:22 PM)Blade Wrote: This must have been a worry. For the new phone I'm looking at, it's going to be pretty costly... so I will be protecting it with my life XD.

You better do because it's pains so much having to see your phone get useless my simply taking a swim workout without your consent. It hurts as hell, I'm lucky mine didn't get to spoil the day it fell into water. That happened to be the most luckiest day of my very life on earth. I would seriously prefer my phone to be stolen or got robbed or that I misplaced it than having it fall into water and be looking at me useless.

(01-19-2018, 09:15 AM)Martinsx Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 08:22 PM)Blade Wrote: This must have been a worry. For the new phone I'm looking at, it's going to be pretty costly... so I will be protecting it with my life XD.

You better do because it's pains so much having to see your phone get useless my simply taking a swim workout without your consent. It hurts as hell, I'm lucky mine didn't get to spoil the day it fell into water. That happened to be the most luckiest day of my very life on earth. I would seriously prefer my phone to be stolen or got robbed or that I misplaced it than having it fall into water and be looking at me useless.

In that case, I think I will be taking extra, extra care when I eventually buy a new phone.

(01-18-2018, 12:16 PM)Martinsx Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 10:29 PM)Groot Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 02:41 PM)Martinsx Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 03:59 AM)Groot Wrote: I dropped my phone in the pool and didnt notice for like 5 minutes last year.

Took it out and somehow it worked fine straight out of the water. But i still got rice and let it sit for 24 hrs. Still works like a charm :)

I have heard about the rice stuff, does it really work? I normally think it's just something made up just for saying sake but it's appearing that there is some kind of truth on it. Maybe I would try it out next time, although I'm not crazy enough to wish for another experience with my phone dropping into water next time be I believe I just got lucky this time around.
From what i know yes. They absorb moisture so if you really try to get it in there it will absorb alot of water from it and most likely save your phone. Always done that whenever i get my phone soaked.

Thanks so much @Groot for the tip. I will make sure to relay it to any of my friends who experience water accidents with their phones because I'm sure as hell not getting any of my phone devices near water ever again. Unless it's witchcraft that took the phones near water without my notice or awareness.

No problem, its an odd thing but it works lol.

Regards
~Groot

It is better to keep your phone away when you're going to the washroom or on the beach. If your phone is exposed to water, then there may be some serious issues. The hardware may become damaged, and the phone will not turn on. And even if it turns on, it will become very unstable, like you may experience frequent lags.

(01-20-2018, 06:42 AM)TheInsaneSakif Wrote: It is better to keep your phone away when you're going to the washroom or on the beach. If your phone is exposed to water, then there may be some serious issues. The hardware may become damaged, and the phone will not turn on. And even if it turns on, it will become very unstable, like you may experience frequent lags.
This is so true because it happened to my mother's Tecno android phone not too long ago. Her own phone didn't actually fell into water but ethanol drink. The phone was on for a while and it switched off. I took it to a technician and he tried his possible best to fix it back to being operational but all to no avail. He even changed the power IC, still nothing happened. Till date, the phone is lying useless at home, although I bought her a new one Infinix Smart.

I use to work with a girl that flushed her cell phone down the toilet after it fell out of her pocket on accident. She went to the manager's office and she was crying as she complained about loosing her cell phone. The manager told her there was nothing he could do about it at that point (it wasn't like it just fell into the bowl, it actually got flushed and went down into the pipes so there's no telling where it is by now) and he also told her that she wasn't suppose to have had her cell phone on her at work to begin with.

Search Thread: